Free Suicide Prevention Awareness for City businesses (Wednesday 14 December 2022, 9-11am)
Help us to prevent suicides in the City, by joining us for this short and interactive session.
This short, free, interactive and practical City-specific Suicide Prevention Awareness session is delivered by Samaritans volunteers, in collaboration with the City Corporation’s Public Health team and the City of London Police. It is aimed at anyone working in a City organisation – including those with responsibility for HR, facilities or security. It aims to provide the tools to start difficult conversations in a careful and sensitive way.
Find out more about the session on the Eventbrite page.
Attendees at previous sessions said the following about the training:
- “Excellent session and very informative”
- “This is a difficult subject that was communicated with compassion and sensitivity to provide a valuable learning experience”
- “Even though I have experience in this field, the training has increased and added to my understanding”
- “In the organisation I work in we already deliver ‘managing mental health’ workshops and this workshop was a lovely refresher and CPD”
- “It was great to learn other ways Samaritans have to communicate and how much is being done around the city in general”
- “Makes me see how important it is to step in if you see someone who looks like they’re suicidal”
- “Really useful session – covers some difficult issues really carefully but also succinctly”
- Allison Hooper, Samaritans, Greenwich, Lewisham and Southwark branch
- Caroline Adie, Samaritans, Greenwich, Lewisham and Southwark branch
Hosted by the City and Hackney Public Health Team and Business Healthy