Suicide Prevention Awareness Training, with Samaritans
Back by popular demand, the City of London Corporation’s Business Healthy is running another suicide preventi0n awareness training session for Square Mile businesses, on the morning of Friday 16th March. This session is delivered in partnership with City of London Police, led by Samaritans and sponsored by BW.
This succinct, City-specific workshop provides key insights into suicide prevention, as part of the wider agenda on addressing poor mental health. It offers opportunities to pick up practical tips, such as listening skills and how to support and signpost colleagues, friends and family who may be struggling with their mental health. The session is interactive and also offers opportunities to share ideas with representatives from other local employers.
Relevant to all working in the City – particularly those with HR, health and wellbeing, security or facilities as part of their remit – the workshop offers opportunities to share best practice and to learn from other local businesses and also to network.
Places are limited and are going fast. For more information and to book a place, please visit the Eventbrite page here.
Here is some feedback from attendees at previous sessions:
- “Excellent session and very informative”
- “This is a difficult subject that was communicated with compassion and sensitivity to provide a valuable learning experience”
- “Even though I have experience in this field, the training has increased and added to my understanding”
- “In the organisation I work in we already deliver ‘managing mental health’ workshops and this workshop was a lovely refresher and CPD”
- “Makes me see how important it is to step in if you see someone who looks like they’re suicidal”