Suicide Prevention Awareness Training, with Samaritans
The City of London Corporation, City of London Police and Business Healthy continue their programme of delivering further Suicide Prevention Awareness Training sessions for City businesses in 2019, in partnership with Samaritans.
The first session of the year marks Time to Talk Day and will be hosted on Friday 8th February, between 9am and 11am. This Samaritans-led session is supported by Franklin Templeton Investments.
Aimed at anyone working in a City organisation – particularly those with responsibility for HR, facilities or security – this short and sharp City-specific workshop provides key insights into suicide prevention – both in terms of identifying someone at crisis point and also supporting those who may be struggling with their mental health more generally.
The training offers opportunities to pick up practical tips, such as listening skills and how to support and signpost colleagues, friends and family who may be struggling with their mental health. The session is interactive and also offers opportunities to share ideas with representatives from other local businesses. The workshop offers opportunities to share best practice, to learn from other local businesses and to network with others.
- Will Skinner, Central London Samaritans
- Alison Hooper, Central London Samaritans
- Sgt. Mark Montgomery, City of London Police
Places are limited and go fast. Tickets are on a first come, first served basis. For more information and to book a place, please visit the Eventbrite page here.
Attendees at previous sessions said the following about the training:
- “Excellent session and very informative”
- “This is a difficult subject that was communicated with compassion and sensitivity to provide a valuable learning experience”
- “Even though I have experience in this field, the training has increased and added to my understanding”
- “In the organisation I work in we already deliver ‘managing mental health’ workshops and this workshop was a lovely refresher and CPD”
- “It was great to learn other ways Samaritans have to communicate and how much is being done around the City in general”
- “Thank you very much, knowledgeable speakers and good Q&A session”
- “Makes me see how important it is to step in if you see someone who looks like they’re suicidal”