World Cancer Research Fund open-access workshops
Interested in learning more about how you can help people to reduce their cancer risk by supporting them in making healthy lifestyle choices?
Our practical half-day workshops held in central London will give you the chance to:
- Hear about the science behind our work
- Learn about the facts behind common cancer myths
- Learn about our 10 Cancer Prevention Recommendations in more detail and how you can put them into practice with patients
- Feel more confident talking about cancer prevention, regardless of your area of expertise
- Work together to find solutions to common barriers to lowering cancer risk
- Find out how we can support your work – our resources, information and health tools
- Meet and network with other health professionals
Who are the workshops for?
Anyone working in health improvement is welcome to attend, for example:
- Community health workers
- Practice nurses
- Health visitors
- Community pharmacists
- Health trainers
- Local authorities
Why World Cancer Research Fund UK?
We have been delivering cancer prevention workshops since 2011 and have used our expertise to develop evidence-based, engaging workshops that have a real impact.
Following our last workshop:
- 100% of participants said that the workshop was relevant to their job role
- 100% of participants said they would feel confident talking about cancer prevention to patients compared to just 25% before the workshop
Feedback from previous workshops:“Really enjoyed the workshop, very insightful and lots of information I can use with the people I work with.”
How much does a workshop cost?
The workshop costs £45, which includes lunch and refreshments. You will also receive a resource pack and a certificate.
When is the next workshop?
Our next workshop will be held on 18 November at our office in Bedford Square.
Places are limited to 12 people per workshop so get in touch today to sign up.