Coronavirus (COVID-19): information and advice for employers
(updated 13 April 2021)
Keep up to date with the latest guidance and information on workforce health and wellbeing for City employers, by subscribing to the Business Healthy newsletter. To read the newsletter, please click here.
We recognise the efforts that businesses are making to ensure that they operate in a safe and secure way during this time.
We also recognise that employers want to keep their staff informed about the COVID-19 pandemic. There is lots of information – and misinformation – out there, so please ensure that any advice or guidance you are sharing only comes from a reputable source, such as the GOV.UK website.
As part of its Local Outbreak Management Plan, the City of London and Hackney Public Health team has developed a series of Standard Operating Procedures for different types of workplaces, including offices, hospitality settings, retail premises and close-contact services. These outline the processes by which premises can prevent, manage and report outbreaks of COVID-19 within their workplaces. Access the SOPs on the City Corporation website.
Some additional resources that may be helpful:
- Working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19)
- COVID-19: Safer travel guidance for passengers
- NHS Test and Trace in the workplace
- ACAS Coronavirus (COVID-19): advice for employers and employees
- COVID-19: cleaning in non-healthcare settings outside the home
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Business Support
- COVID-19 information for City businesses
- CIPD: COVID-19 vaccine and the workplace
City of London businesses with specific queries about COVID-19 can email the Public Health team at firstname.lastname@example.org