A communication from BITC:
We want to undertake the largest ever survey of mental wellbeing at work in the UK.
want to hear the experiences of thousands of UK employees and gain a complete snapshot of the mental wellbeing of the UK workforce.
The survey will open on Monday 16 May 2016 and run for 11 weeks until Friday 29 July 2016 at www.thewellbeingsurvey.org.uk.
One in four people will experience a mental health problem in their lifetime. At any one point, one in six of the working age population is suffering from a mental health condition. Last year, stress accounted for 43% of all working days lost due to ill health and for 34% of all work related ill health cases, yet 95% of employees cited a reason other than workplace stress for their absence due to stigma.
Through this survey we want to:
- Hear UK employees’ experiences of mental wellbeing at work
- End the stigma still associated with mental wellbeing
- Identify factors that help or hinder the mental wellbeing of UK employees
- Understand how employers are responding to mental health issues
- Identify how equipped employees and line managers are to are to spot the early warning signs of poor mental health
The survey opens on the first day of Mental Health Awareness Week.