“Spotting the Signs: supporting employees affected by domestic abuse” business guide
The City of London Police, in partnership with Victim Support and the Safer City Partnership, has launched a campaign, called “Spotting the Signs”. The campaign aims to increase knowledge among the local business community and City workers about how to approach the subject of domestic abuse, if it’s suspected a colleague or staff member may be a victim.
As part of the campaign, the Police have developed a booklet that includes a wealth of information, and tools, including:
- Key definitions and types of domestic violence and abuse
- The role and responsibilities of line managers
- Confidentiality and reporting
- Ensuring safety and record-keeping
- Advice when employees are working from home
- Annual leave and flexible working/ time-off requests
- Domestic abuse/ violence within the workplace
- Working with other agencies and signposting
The booklet is free to download and share.
More information on domestic abuse can be found here.View Document