Support the health of your employees with the British Heart Foundation’s Health at Work Programme
The British Heart Foundation is committed to promoting cardiovascular health and the prevention of cardiovascular disease. Sickness absence costs UK businesses approximately £14 billion a year, so a healthy workforce makes good business sense.
Health at Work is our free, nationwide membership programme, designed to inspire and support health and wellbeing in workplaces across the UK. We currently have over 11,000 member organisations, dedicated to supporting the health and wellbeing of their staff.
The benefits of being a member
Health at Work membership provides you with access to all the tools, ideas and advice you need for a successful workplace health scheme.
Our resources and website will help you to:
- get the boss on-board by building a bespoke business case for Health at Work in your organisation
- get inspiration and ideas for a programme to suit your workforce
- get things up-and-running by launching the scheme to staff
- get your workforce motivated with a whole host of appealing activities and fun challenges
- understand health guidelines, and explain the benefits to staff.
Our members also receive monthly Health at Work e-newsletters and our quarterly postal packs containing our latest resources.
We can even bring Health at Work events to your workplace:
- Heart Health Workshops are short information-rich sessions that support staff to understand their heart health, and the steps they can take to reduce their risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Health and Wellbeing Days are vibrant events fully staffed with expert BHF practitioners, promoting a healthy lifestyle through a range of fun and interactive sessions.